Things to think about
- Creating spaces for us to share is the first place to start. Create video channels, chat groups, designated meeting times, etc.
- Renaming your Slack channels can promote togetherness and bring a smile to people’s faces, for example, we have renamed our #random channel #kitchen-table
- Clearly state the purpose for each communication channel, to separate work from social.
- Share your screen or create a screen recording of you talking through your process to help clarify your points.
- Roll call what everyone is working on that day in your morning team meetings
- Recognizing that sharing plays such a crucial role in keeping the team close, get creative with what can be shared beyond work-related discussion and music suggestions. What about home improvement projects, or starting a book club?