What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that allows you to organize and host online meetings with your team when in-person meetings aren’t possible. This is a perfect solution for architecture firms working remotely.
Zoom offers video conferencing, group calls, messaging, screen sharing, and file sharing all gathered into one easy-to-use platform that can be used across all multiple devices and operating systems including Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
Zoom has experienced a huge boost in use since the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, establishing its position as an essential tool for firms working with remote teams of all sizes.
Thanks to its core features, Zoom is the perfect remote collaboration tool for teams that want to keep in touch and continue with their daily workflows with minimal disruptions. Our favourite features are:
- One-on-one meetings: You can host as many one-on-one meetings as you want with this tool, as they are included with their free plan. And the great news is that there is no time restriction for them.
- Group video conferences: With the free plan you’d be able to have up to 100 participants in a video conference for up to 40 minutes duration. But if you need more, you can always upgrade your business plan and host up to 1000 participants in the same video conference.
- Screen sharing: Screen sharing is very useful when talking through a document or when you need to support your discussion with some visuals.
- In-meeting file transfer: Forgot to send an important document before your meeting? Don’t worry. This feature allows you to send files directly to other meeting participants during the conference through the in-meeting chat.
- Virtual background: If you don’t want to show the backdrop of your room during the call, you can choose one of Zoom’s funny or serene virtual backgrounds to swap out whatever is behind you.
Our favourite Zoom tutorial
Want to learn more about Zoom and how to make the most of it? Then don’t miss out on this video that walks you step-by-step through how to set up your Zoom account, how to use Zoom, how to host a meeting on Zoom or how to join a meeting on Zoom. You’ll see how easy-to-use and useful this tool is!
How to use Zoom for free?
If you work in a small firm or aren’t ready to commit to paying for a professional plan just yet, you can still use Zoom for free (although with some reduced features).
Zoom’s free plan includes:
- One-on-one calls
- Group calls with a 40-minute duration limit
- Unlimited number of calls
If you are looking for something more flexible, you can explore all Zoom Meeting Plans here.
Want to learn more? Start using Zoom now or learn about other video conferencing tools that can help boost your business productivity: