What is Webex?
These days having a reliable video conferencing tool like Webex, is key to ensure an efficient communication between teams, especially with the increase of businesses working remotely due the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Webex is a reliable video conferencing tool that belongs to Cisco, which offers full video and content-sharing, and that can be easily joined via any platform: mobile, desktop, web browser and even video devices. It is a must-have remote work tool for teams.
Webex has gone one step beyond in terms of videoconferencing tools: they have integrated the latest artificial intelligence and machine-learning technologies into their tool, to offer the best experience to its users. These technologies help to keep participants engaged with things such as detecting and reducing background noise to remove distractions. Just what you need as an architect working remotely!
Webex also offers many other features and functionalities, that make of this remote collaboration tool one of the most resourceful ones:
- Video Conferencing: an easy way to meet face-to-face with anyone you need, from anywhere you are. It offers HD video so image-quality is guaranteed.
- Team Collaboration: not only it's a great platform to chat with your team and host meetings, but also to share files, schedule projects or even to use the whiteboard when explaining a project: because Sometimes a quick sketch explains an idea better than words.
- Online event management: you can set up events, training or anything you need to do with a small or a large audience. There are two alternatives:
- Webex events: you can use this feature to host a webinar for up to 3000 participants. This is great for large company meetings or corporate events.
- Webex webcasting: you can have up to 100,000 attendees with this feature.
- Cloud calling: Webex offers a cloud phone system, which combines the benefits of having a traditional desk phone without having to manage or secure it. All you can do with an office phone: Holding, dialling, resuming, forwarding, transferring, and do-not-disturb mode, you can do with Webex's software.
- Remote support management: they offer support 24/7, so you can relax and enjoy your conference calls knowing that the Webex team will help you with any issues that may arise.
Our favourite Webex tutorial
Do you want to learn how to properly use Webex? This video can help you. In it they talk you through the recommended preferences, how to schedule a meeting and how to join a meeting on Cisco's Webex!
How to use Webex for free?
If you are using Webex for big business, you will probably need to use one of the paid alternatives, however, small firms and freelance architects are likely to be able to benefit from the free version. These are some of the things that you can do with Webex for free:
- Have one host per call
- Group calls with a 50-minute limit
- Up to 100 participants
- Save recordings on your computers
If you think this could work for you, then you are all set! But if you need some additional functionalities, we recommend you to have a look at the various pricing alternatives of this remote work tool. You can find them here.
Want to learn more? Start using Webex now or learn about other video conferencing tools that can help boost your business productivity: