What is Microsoft Teams?
In the last few months, having a reliable tool for virtual meetings between architects and their clients has become critical for businesses. Microsoft Teams offers businesses of all sizes a unified communication and collaboration platform, the opportunity to host online meetings with teams and clients, as well as file sharing and storage.
You may already have a favourite video conferencing tool, but with Teams, Microsoft guarantees that all your meetings will be private and extremely secure. You can read more about their commitment to privacy and security on their blog.
Microsoft Teams features
When it comes to features in remote work tools, Microsoft Teams has a lot to offer for both video and chat functionalities:
- Online meetings: This tool for remote teams allows you to host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone, as well as offers additional features to support your online meetings such as scheduling assistance, note taking, screen sharing, meeting recording, and instant messaging.
- Events: Ready to host a mass-attendance online event? Now you can do it with Microsoft teams. You can host live events of up to 10,000 attendees.
- Meeting devices: In order to optimize your experience, Microsoft teams offers a series of Teams-certified devices. They are not compulsory to use the tool, but they can surely make your experience ever easier and smoother.
- Calls: Need a telephone number accessible from anywhere in the world? Great news! With Microsoft Teams you can create global dial-in numbers and start chatting with your colleagues from all around the globe.
- Across devices: You can enjoy Microsoft teams for video and chat on any device you have as long as you have internet access.
Our favourite Microsoft Teams tutorial
Want to get started with Microsoft Teams? This Step-by-step intro video for using, enabling and managing this remote collaboration tool will help you. They’ll walk you through the experiences of chatting, sharing files and hosting online meetings to keep in touch with your team, no matter where you’re all based.
How to use Microsoft Teams for free
Microsoft Teams can be use for free for an unlimited time, and it is one of the team chat and video tools that offers more features in their free plan:
- Up to 500K users
- Screen sharing during calls
- Remove background noise automatically
- File exchange in real time (for both, video and chat)
- There are more than 250 integrated apps and services that you can use
The free plan from Microsoft is very complete, but if you need some additional Microsoft services such as Microsoft 365, you may want to explore their paid plans.
Want to learn more? Start using Microsoft Teams now or learn about other chat and video conferencing tools that can help boost your business productivity: